WORDPRESS USER ROLES (Types)
In WordPress a user role determines the access level or permissions of a person authorized. There are main five types of user roles
- Administrator– can do anything, nothing is off limits.
- Editor– has access to all posts, pages, comments, categories, tags, and links.
- Author– can write, upload photos to, edit, and publish their own posts.
- Contributor– has no publishing or uploading capability, but can write and edit their own posts until they are published
- Follower/Subscriber(public sites) / Viewer (private sites only) – can read and comment on posts and pages
User Role Chart