There are tons of suggestions around the internet to drive traffic to your blog and some of them work to some extent. Some are not so effective. It is all about putting yourself out there and start making a connection.
We followed a very simple sharing method to achieve maximise unique visitors count and it is still increasing daily. It is difficult to make a blog post go viral and there is no secret tactic to make every post a hit. However, there are plenty of things you can do to increase your chances.
What to do before you post on a blog:
- Keyword optimization for your post. Put your main topics into Google Keyword Tool and title the post based on the most popular search terms.
- Add pictures next to key items, it makes them carry more weight.
- Always Review your post to check for errors.
After you post, use these places to share and to get most out of it. The more your post circulates the greater chances for traffic:
- Submit to Digg
- Submit to Reddit
- Submit to Stumble Upon
- Post on Forums in niche
- Submit to Delicious
- Post to Twitter
- Post to Facebook
- Post to Google +
- Post to YouTube
- Submit to Technorati
- Post to Pinterest
- Post to LinkedIn
- Provide SEO keywords for images
- Directory submissions
- RSS directory submits
- Forum comments
- Relevant blog comments
- Social bookmarking
- Refer to posts on Yahoo! Answers
- Refer to posts on LinkedIn
- Refer to posts on Quora
- Press releases
- Link to your own past and future blog posts
- Add to your email signature
- Add to your signature in forums
- Add to your next newsletter
- Request other bloggers to mention your post
Whenever sharing a post make it good enough for people to like it. You do not need to do this every time but the fact is more places your post goes the more eyes you will find for your post. It worked for me and I am sure it will work for you too.