How to find the IP number and MAC address of a network card
- Press the Windows Start key to open the Start screen.
- Type cmd and press Enter to launch the command prompt.
- Note: You do not need to click on anything on the Start screen—typing will automatically initiate a program search.Type ipconfig /all at the command prompt to check the network card settings.
- Type ipconfig /all at the command prompt to check the network card settings.
- The IP number and MAC address are listed under the appropriate adapter as Physical Address and IPv4 Address.
- You can copy the Physical Address and IPv4 Address from the command prompt by right clicking in the command prompt and clicking Mark.
- Select the text you want to copy with the mouse and hit the Enter key to copy it. You should now be able to paste the text elsewhere using the standard clipboard “paste” function.