An unexpected error occurred. Something may be wrong with WordPress.org or this server’s configuration.
If you ever face an error Warning: An unexpected error occurred. Something may be wrong with WordPress.org or this server’s configuration. If you continue to have problems, please try the support forums. (WordPress could not establish a secure connection to WordPress.org. Please contact your server administrator.) and you are unable to get any new theme or plugin then you may try this method. It worked for me many times you may also try it.
- Login to your cpanel.
- Scroll down to Health checks and monitoring.
- Click on Port 80.
- You will see list of all the files.
- You need to go to your file manager and delete these files. Note that, deleting these files might cause the site to go down. Make sure you have backup of these files before deleting.
- Then Go to Advanced option in cpanel and click on Virus scanner.
- Run the scan on Entire home directory.
- Then go back to: Health checks and monitoring -> Port 80 -> unblock port.
After doing the above mentioned steps your problem should solve but if it’s still there try to contact your hosting provider.
If you Like this post or our website, don’t forget to share it.
You can also make money by submitting your articles. To know complete method please click on submit article on the top Menu.