Your shoes require a special attention since they can easily become damaged. When your shoes break or become covered in scratches, not only they lose their good appearance but also they can damage your feet, causing blisters, pain, and other issues.
Luckily, maintaining your shoes in a good condition is very simple and easy. Here are several tips that will help you to take a proper care of your shoes.
Proper Care of your Shoes
- Clean leather shoes with rubbing alcohol. By using rubbing alcohol, you will easily remove all the dirt from your shoes.
- Remove the scratches on your shoes with a nail file.
- Use petroleum jelly to shine patent leather.
- Rub the soles of your shoes with sandpaper to make them less slippery.
- Freshen up your shoes with baking soda. The baking soda will improve the smell of the shoes.
- Soak a vinegar solution in your shoes to neutralize unpleasant odors.
- Restore the whiteness of your old shoes by rubbing toothpaste.
- Use gel deodorant to prevent an occurrence of blisters.
- Soak your feet in tea to soothe blisters. The tea has powerful anti-inflammatory properties that will reduce the irritation and the swelling of your skin.
- Tape your toes together when you are wearing high heels. This trick will help you to prevent any foot pain.
- Loosen tight shoes by placing them in the freezer. Pour some water into plastic bags, and place them in your shoes. The plastic bags will expand in the freezer and they will stretch your shoes.
- Stretch the new shoes with a hair dryer. Put your new shoes on while wearing some woolly socks, and dry them for a couple of minutes.
- Use cornmeal to clean suede stains.