Baking soda is in most homes and apart from baking this product is very useful in homemade DIY beauty and skin care routines.
Baking soda is also called sodium bicarbonate, it is a form of salt which gets activated when it comes in contact with an acid.
Sodium bicarbonate is easy to obtain and affordable, here are some homemade beauty and skin care tips using baking soda that you can try at home today.
- Use Baking Soda For Your Dry Skin
If you have dry skin you will need to get it moisturised. Baking soda can help in getting your skin moisturised. Try this tip at home:
- Make a paste with a mixture of baking soda and water.
- Apply thus paste to your skin and leave it on for about an hour.
- Rinse it off afterwards and your skin will appear smooth and soft.
- Give Your Hair A Bounce With Baking Soda
If your hair is dull and you have thinning hair, then this baking soda hair recipe will help get your hair looking bright and with a great bounce in no time.
- Mix some baking soda to your regular shampoo and use as usual.
- Baking soda will help give your hair a great sheen and the best part is, it is not harsh on your hair and scalp.
- Soften Your Skin With This Baking Soda Recipe
If you need to soften your skin naturally at home then this recipe using baking soda is for you.
- Get a cup of baking soda and put this in your bathing water.
- Get into the bathtub and let the baking soda work its way into your skin.
- Don’t worry about your private parts as baking soda is not harsh.
- Use Baking Soda As A Foot Cure
You can also use baking soda as a foot cure you can do this by following these simple instructions;
- Mix 3 tablespoons of baking soda with warm water in a basin.
- Next you add some essential oil of your choosing.
- Soak your feet in this mixture for about one hour.
- To get rid of rough and dry patches on your feet all you need to do is mix some baking soda with some warm water and create a paste.
- Massage this paste to the dry and rough portions of your feet to exfoliate the dead skin and smoothen the sole of your feet.
- Create A Home Baking Soda Spa Experience
To get your own spa experience try this at home;
- Make a paste with a mixture of water and two cups of baking soda.
- Next add about 15 drops of essential oil of your choosing.
- Put this mixture in cupcake liners and leave them to harden overnight.
- Next, take out the mini disks from the cupcake liners and place them on your shower floor.
- When you use your hot water shower and the disks dissolve the added essential oil vaporises in the steam creating a really soothing spa experience.
- This is a very good way to relax your muscles and mind after a hard day at work.